Crofters Food Ltd. is a manufacturer of organic fruit spreads, preserves and jellies, located in Parry Sound, Ontario. Currently looking for a Quality Assurance Manager.
Reporting to the Company President, the Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the product meets the company’s objectives for safety and quality. The role will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Interpreting and applying local, national, and international regulations as they apply to all aspects of import, export, production, packaging, labelling, and shipping.
• Collaborating with relevant departments to ensure compliance with required regulations and guidelines.
• Maintaining licenses and registrations for food safety regulatory requirements.
• Maintaining certifications for SQF, Organic, FairTrade, and any other third-party audits, as required, including submitting labels for approval and verifying actual labels against them once received.
• Coordinating and acting as the company representative for all regulatory and third-party food safety and quality audits, including CFIA, SQF, Organic, FairTrade, and others as needed.
• Assisting management and site personnel to prepare the site for regulatory inspections and other third-party audits.
• Reviewing and maintaining all company records relating to the relevant certifications and food safety regulatory requirements.
• Working with the Food Safety Team to maintain, review and validate Food Safety plans and policies.
• Building and maintaining good working relationships with manufacturing to promote openness and compliance.
• Reporting food safety concerns and other issues to the relevant Department Manager(s) and Company President.
• Completing deviation and corrective action documentation and ensuring there has been an investigation into the cause and appropriate/effective resolution taken to ensure continuous improvement.
• Overseeing the management of the complaint program to ensure all critical trends are addressed appropriately and investigations are handled.
• Investigating product quality complaints received and, if necessary, take corrective and preventative measures.
• Actively and proactively engaging in the implementation, management, and continual improvement of the company’s SQF System.
• Preparing, reviewing, and approving Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) including assurance of compliance with applicable Food Safety Acts and Regulations and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
• Establishing procedures and quality systems for environmental monitoring, security, testing, facilities & equipment calibration, qualification & maintenance.
• Carrying out product recalls according to the applicable regulations and other quality and regulatory requirements as required.
• Ensuring that all technical documents in use are current. All the master documents such as policy documents and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) must be controlled and secured in accordance with company requirements.
• Reviewing and verifying all company documents and records relating to SQF.
• Communicating information required for the implementation and maintenance of the SQF System to the required individuals.
• Liaising with purchasing, processing, maintenance, and other internal stakeholders to implement and support various quality programs.
• Ensuring that all processing activities are carried out as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Where applicable, promoting and maintaining Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) requirements.
• Assisting with the delivery of employee training to ensure staff training meets the requirements of the SQF System.
• Coordinating and/or carrying out internal audits and performing on floor auditing of records including sanitation and logbooks.
• Responsible for managing and coordinating staff, creating department efficiencies, and providing leadership support.
• Complying with the company Health and Safety practices and procedures ensuring the safety and well-being of all employees.
• Promoting and enforcing all company’s Health and Safety Program requirements.
Education and Experience:
• Possess technical certification or university degree in related discipline.
• Minimum of 5+ years experience working in the food manufacturing industry or similar.
• Minimum of 3+ years experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control role in a regulated industry.
• Managerial experience an asset.
• Working knowledge of HACCP and GFSI systems and applicable regulatory agency requirements.
• Certifications in HACCP, PCQI, Internal Auditing, and Six Sigma, preferred.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills, with proven ability to work effectively as a team.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving abilities.
• Able to identify, analyze, and interpret trends.
• Able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
• Hands on individual willing to help where needed.
• Excellent work ethic and attendance.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience operating in a fast pace organizational environment.
• Must be able to complete a Criminal Background Check.
Hours and Compensation:
This is a full-time, permanent position with core hours Monday to Friday. Occasional weekend work may be required. Compensation commensurate with education and experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send you updated resume and cover letter to Gabi Latka firstname.lastname@example.org