Implementing SQF System Course
The SQF Program (Safe Quality Food) is an integrated food safety and quality management system administered by the SQF Institute recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), an organization representing more than 70% of food retail worldwide. The SQF Program, consisting of the SQF Code, edition 8.0, applies to all sectors of the food industry, from primary production to distribution. The Program focuses on the benefits to both industry and the consumer, whereby improved product quality enhances marketability and profitability.
For food suppliers, SQF certification provides assurance that food safety plans have been implemented in agreement with HACCP and relevant regulatory requirements and have proven effective to manage food safety. It is also a statement of the supplier’s commitment to produce safe, quality food, comply with the requirements of the SQF Code, and comply with applicable food legislation.
Canadian College of Food and Health (CCOFAH) also offers 2 days of Implementing SQF System Course and 2 days of Advanced SQF Practitioner Course.
Why take SQF training?
Today’s consumers are more educated about the food they’re providing their families and requiring increased food safety assurances, which heightens demand for the retailers and service providers asking suppliers to provide verifiable proof that robust food safety control systems have been effectively implemented. SQF Code Edition 8.0 is the international food safety standard preferred by many of the world's leading retailers and food service companies, and is recognized under the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). The SQF system provides assurance to the end customer that food produced, prepared and handled by the food supplier is of the highest possible standards.
For food supplier, the training courses will get you employee equipped with SQF knowledge and your company achieving SQF certification which provides assurance that your products retain a high degree of acceptance in global markets.
For employees, the SQF certificate training course is absolutely of interest to personnel who is preparing to meet the SQF Practitioner requirements as defined in the SQF Code, Edition 8.0 or wanting a detailed knowledge base for the successful implementation and maintenance of a SQF and individuals who wish to step into the promising food industry.
A must for suppliers, consultants, trainers and anyone interested in learning about the SQF program.
SQF Code Implementation Training
Provided by a SQF licensed trainer, this course, is designed to prepare an individual to meet the SQF Practitioner requirements by promoting an understanding of the SQF Code, Edition 8.0 and providing a detailed knowledge base to participants to facilitate the successful implementation and maintenance of an SQF System.
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the SQF Code, Ed. 8.0 format, food sector categories and sector applicable modules
- Understand requirements for SQF Practitioners and SQF Consultants • Describe the differences between Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 SQF certification
- Identify the SQF System elements and Mandatory Requirements
- Implement, manage and maintain SQF Systems
- Develop, validate and verify the elements of food safety and quality plans and the SQF System
- Know how to prepare for the SQF certification audit
To ensure an optimal learning experience and fully benefit from this course, an understanding of the application of HACCP principles is mandatory for anyone attending.
On completion of this training you will have a full understanding of the SQF program be ready for the Implementing SQF Systems examination and meet the SQF training requirements to be designated as an SQF Practitioner.
Advanced SQF Practitioner Course
The Advanced SQF Practitioner course is an activity-based course designed for the current SQF practitioner who is seeking further education on how to improve and maintain their company’s SQF System. The SQF Advanced Practitioner course provides the tools needed to improve and advance the food safety system in the facility and manage the ongoing maintenance of the SQF Program.
The two-day course addresses the following four areas:
- Establishing food safety and quality objectives.
- Using the internal audit program to manage, maintain and enhance the SQF System.
- Utilizing the corrective action/preventive action process as a tool to identify trends and build continuous improvement.
- Improving the demonstration of management’s commitment and developing and prioritizing key performance indicators
To ensure an optimal learning experience and fully benefit from this course, it is recommended that participants meet the following pre-requisites prior to attending the course:
- Been through at least one successful (C-complies rating or higher) SQF certification/ recertification process as the designated SQF practitioner
- Successfully completed a HACCP training class that includes a final assessment
- Successfully completed the Implementing SQF Systems examination
Each participant successfully finishing the course will receive a certificate of completion.