GMP Certification Course for Pharmaceutical Professionals
About GMP for pharmaceutical professionals
GMP refers to Good Manufacturing Practice while cGMP refers to the Current Good Manufacturing Practices. Health Canada defines GMP for pharmaceutical industries while US FDA regulates as cGMP. In this certificate to avoid confusion or misinterpretation we present as GM/cGMP certificate after completion of the studies. The GMP/ cGMP regulations for drugs contain minimum requirements for the methods, facilities, and controls used in manufacturing, processing, and packing of a drug product. The regulations require that manufacturers, processors, and packagers of drugs, medical devices, some food, and blood take proactive steps to ensure that a product is safe for use, and that it has the ingredients and strength it claims to have. The "c" stands for "current," reminding manufacturers that they must employ technologies and systems which are up-to-date in order to comply with the regulation.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the pharmaceutical industry’s good manufacturing practices;
- Understand the basics of GMP for medicinal products for human use;
- Get familiar with legal regulations and guidelines related to pharmaceutical industry;
- Explain validation principles and their importance to the industry from a quality perspective;
- Apply GMP principles to everyday roles and responsibilities.
GMP/cGMP training is appropriate for all employees involved in the Pharmaceutical industry, including but not limited to:
- Manufacturing Technicians, Supervisors and/ or Managers;
- Team Leaders and Supervisors, and Business Owner;
- Quality Control Personnel such as those performing in- and outbound inspections/ monitors;
- Quality Assurance Personnel such as COA and program reviews and verifications;
- Maintenance/ Engineers – aseptic emphasis, and specific equipment operations;
- Future Medical Device Industry Employees including R & D personnel.
Canadian College of Food and Health (CCFH) offers both in-class and online GMP/ cGMP training.
The course covers 6 topics:
- International GMP/ cGMP of World Health Organization & Codex Alimentarius;
- GMP of Health Canada including for Natural Health Products and Drug;
- cGMP of US FDA for food, drug and pharmaceutical industries.
- cGMP/ GLP in the pharmaceutical laboratories of USA and Canada;
- Good Production Practices for controlled substances defined by Health Canada;
- cGMP audit essentials for professionals.
Upon successfully completion of the course, the participant will receive a GMP certificate.